AQA psychology: AS and A-level.
- Year 1.
AQA Psychologyfor AS and A-level Year 1 is the definitive textbook for the new 2015 curriculum. Written by eminent psychologist Professor Michael Eysenck, in collaboration with a team of experienced A-level teachers and examiner, the book enables students not only to pass their exams with flying colours, but also to fully engage with the science of psychology. As well as covering the six core topics students will study, the book includes:
- Activities which test concepts or hypothesises, bringing theory to life.
- Key research studies explained and explored, showing the basis on which theory has developed
- Case studies which show how people's lives are affected by psychological phenomena
- Evaluation boxes which critically appraise key concepts and theories
- Self-assessment questions which encourage students to reflect on what they've learnt
- Section summaries to support the understanding of specific ideas - perfect for revision
- Exam hints which steer students towards complete and balanced answers
- Key terms defined throughout so students aren't confused by new language
- 200 figures, tables and photos
- End of chapter further reading to enable students to develop a deeper understanding
- End of chapter revision questions and sample exam papers to consolidate knowledge and practice exam technique
- A full companion website with a range of further resources for both students and teachers, including revision aids and class materials
Incorporating greater coverage of research methods, as well as key statistical techniques, the sixth edition of this well-loved textbook continues to be the perfect introduction to psychology. Accessible yet rigorous, the book is the ideal textbook for students taking either the AS course or year 1 of the A-level.