Windows Server 2008 Unleashed
Windows Server 2008 Unleashed covers the planning, design, prototype testing, implementation, migration, administration, and support of a Windows 2008 and Active Directory environment, based on more than three and a half years of early adopter experience in full production environments. This book addresses not only what is new with Windows 2008 compared to previous versions of the Windows Server product, but also what is different and how the similarities and differences affect an organization's migration to Windows 2008. Chapters are dedicated to the migration process from Windows 2000/2003 to Windows 2008, how to properly use Group Policies in Windows 2008, and tips and tricks on managing and administering a Windows 2008 environment.
The authors cover the technologies new to Windows 2008, such as IPv6, Network Access Protection (NAP), Network Policy Server (NPS), Terminal Services Remote Programs, Windows Deployment Services (WDS), Hyper-V virtualization, and more! This book doesn't just describe the features and functions included in Windows 2008--there are notes throughout the book explaining how organizations have successfully used the technologies to fulfill core business needs. Tips, tricks, and best practices share lessons learned from hundreds of implementations of Windows 2008 in real-world environments.
Detailed information on how to…
- Plan and migrate from Windows 2000/2003 to Windows 2008
- Leverage new tools and utilities that simplify system and network administration functions
- Enable the latest security technologies to improve secured enterprise computing
- Better manage a Windows 2008 Active Directory environment
- Optimize a Windows 2008 environment for better scalability and enhanced performance
- Implement Windows 2008 for better branch office and remote office integration
- Design a Windows 2008 environment to support the latest in clustering, stretched clusters, fault tolerance, and redundant systems technologies
- Take advantage of add-on technologies available for Windows 2008, including Windows SharePoint Services, Microsoft Hyper-V virtualization, Windows Media Services, and IIS 7 web server solutions