Provides a thorough overview of systematic methods for reducing risks encountered in diverse work places
Filled with more theory, numerous case examples, and references to new material than the original text, this latest edition of a highly acclaimed book on occupational safety and health includes substantial updates and expanded material on management systems, risk assessment methods, and OSH-relevant concepts, principles, and models.
Risk-Reduction Methods for Occupational Safety and Health is organized into five parts: background; analysis methods; programmatic methods for managing risk; risk reduction for energy sources; and risk reduction for other than energy sources. It comprehensively covers both system safety methods and OSH management methods applicable to occupational health and safety. Suitable for worldwide applications, the author's approach avoids reliance on the thousands of rules, codes, and standards by focusing on understanding hazards and reducing risks using strategies and tactics.
- Includes more content on methods for reducing risks, citations of recent research, and deeper coverage of OSH-relevant concepts, theories, and models
- Merges methods and principles traditionally associated with occupational hygiene, ergonomics, and safety
- Provides substantial updates on management systems and theories of occupational incidents, and includes new case studies in many chapters to help demonstrate the "real world" need for identifying and implementing risk-reduction strategies
- Addresses occupational risks that go beyond current regulations and standards, taking an international approach by stressing risk-reduction strategies
- Supports adoption of the book for university courses by providing chapter-specific learning exercises and support materials for professors
Risk-Reduction Methods for Occupational Safety and Health is ideal for safety professionals, system safety engineers, safety engineers, industrial hygienists, ergonomists, and anyone with OSH responsibilities. It is also an excellent resource for students preparing for a career in OSH.