This book will show administrators how to manage and administer the advanced functions and security features in Windows Vista. The recommendations, tips, tricks, and best practices are based on years of early-adopter implementations of Windows Vista in large corporate and private environments. The authors highlight the functions of Windows Vista that both large and small environments have found to be the most useful, including all-new features such as Complete PC Backup, BitLocker, and the powerful Group Policy options that are only available in Windows Vista.
Understand how to.
- Integrate Windows Vista into an Active Directory domain
- Properly protect information for local and remote users
- Utilize BitLocker to encrypt all the data on a disk
- Properly secure a Windows Vista system
- Enable self-service recovery with Shadow Copy
- Deploy Windows Vista systems without having to touch them
- Deploy powerful new Group Policy settings
- Pick the version of Vista that is right for your users
- Optimize Vista performance
- Securely access corporate information while offline
- Perform image-level backup and restore of Vista workstations
Andrew Abbate is a consultant in and best-selling author on various Microsoft technologies and security and operational practices.
James Walker, MCSE, CPM, BSME, has been a consultant, author, and technical editor to several best-selling Windows Unleashed books involving design, security, performance optimization, and data communications.
Scott G. Chimner, CISSP, MCSE, MCSA, TCSE 2, A+, is a consultant for Convergent Computing, an ISSA member, and has been in the computer industry for more than 12 years with a concentration on Information Security. Scott has also served as a contributing writer for several books on Microsoft technologies.