Each Student Book and ActiveBook has clearly laid out pages with a range of supportive features to aid learning and teaching:
- Getting to know your unit sections ensure learners understand the grading criteria and unit requirement.
- Pause Point features support formative assessment and enable learners to gauge attainment of knowledge at regular intervals.
- Case Study and Theory into practice features enable development of problem-solving skills and place the theory into real life situations learners could encounter.
- Assessment practice features provide scaffolded assessment practice activities that help prepare learners for assessment. Within each assessment practice activity, a Plan, Do and Review section supports learners’ formative assessment by making sure they fully understand what they are being asked to do, what their goals are and how to evaluate the task and consider how the could improve.
- Literacy and numeracy activities provide opportunities for reinforcement in these key areas, placing the skills into a Health and Social Care context.
- Dedicated Think future pages provide case studies from the industry, with a focus on aspects of skills development that can be put in practice in a real work environment and further study.