Packed with case studies, this book:
- Takes the reader on a journey from Glastonbury and the X-Factor to house concerts and crowd-funded releases;
- Demystifies management, publishing and recording contracts, and the world of copyright, intellectual property and music piracy;
- Explains how digital technologies have changed almost all aspects of music making, performing, promotion and consumption;
- Explores all levels of the music industries, from micro-independent businesses to corporate conglomerates;
- Enables students to meet the challenge of the transforming music industries.
This is the must-have primer for understanding and getting ahead in the music industries. It is essential reading for students of popular music in media studies, sociology and musicology.